Wow - In the Dare to be God's Messenger - study guide by Kay Arthur - Day 11 has your read Daniel Chapter 4. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=daniel%204&version=31
This is an incredible chapter. King Nebuchadnessar has a dream - about a strong tree, it reaches to the sky, feeds the beasts and the birds, but an angel cuts it down. The interpretation from Daniel says that the King is the tree, and he will be cut down, (and basically go nuts) - God's hand of protection will be removed from him and he will live like the beasts of the fields. Dew will lay on his body, he will eat the grass, and live like the beasts live. This will last for a period of time. During this period of time, he will come to realize that the Lord is the god most High...and He rules over mankind and bestows it on whomever He wishes. He will then come to his senses, and he will exalt the King of heaven.
This is - in a sense what Craig and I pray for often. First that we would remain humble and true to God's leading. That God would use us, which is a bit scary at times. But we have also realized that while praying for the salvation of others - they may go through really hard times - in order to recognize that God is Who He Is.
Father - I thank you for your Love. I thank you for getting ahold of my heart without the trials some have had to endure. I continue to lift up those that Craig and I are praying for. I ask that even if it appears as though your hand of protection has been removed, that you will still call them. Give us strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment