I LOVE love love this devotional!
Isn't it funny how sometimes devotionals take you to the word of God, and you get scared? Is it a prophecy? Will I be going through more hard times? Well, not sure about the prophecy part, but yes, I will go through more hard times, because that's just how life is.
Today's devotional encourages me to live in God's presence consistently. Because self gets in the way, sometimes that's a difficult thing to do. The author suggests that we become aware of each resentment (of interferences with our plans or desires).
Psalm 139:23-24 Tells us to do the same thing -
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Our response to our rebellious tendencies to submission is to humble ourselves to God...
1 Peter 5:6
5 Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,
“God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
God prepares us in so many ways for upcoming trials and tribulations. I didn't quite get that until last November. Things weren't that great at work, I was at an expulsion hearing, and God spoke to me... I gave you the job, only I can take it away.... That comforted me a lot, until February, when He took it away...only to replace it with an incredible opportunity to work on starting a charter school. I don't have any idea where He's leading, but I do know I need to work on trusting Him with all of my heart...
Job 1:21
“Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
may the name of the Lord be praised.”
No comments:
Post a Comment