I realized a couple of days ago I have been missing a real quiet time with the Lord. Wi5h the start of summer vacation , I am wanting to get my life in order again. More time with God, training for a triathlon(because that keeps me moving and interested), being more available to people, mainly Craig) AND BEING kinder.
I've been worrying lately. That always tends to draw me back to quiet time. Stayed awake much of the night worrying about having another "district principal" on our board. Well, that, and realizing I still have the Lcap to complete.
Finally prayed myself to sleep.
This was very timely:
Developing an Attitude of Prayer in the Midst of Worry
When you're under pressure, it's always best to pray about it instead of talk about it. Prayer is the blueprint for a successful life.
During His time on earth, Jesus prayed. He entrusted everything to God through prayer, even His reputation and life. We can do the same. We don't have to explain all the problems to Him; we can just give them to Him and ask Him to take care of everything.
You don't have to complicate prayer. I think a lot of times people wait until they get to their quiet time or church before they really pray, without realizing that they can pray at any time. Just have confidence in simple, believing prayer. Look at Paul's instructions in Philippians 4:6-7. Instead of worrying, simply pray and ask God for help when you find yourself in a difficult situation.
The Bible tells us that God is faithful, that's one of His major characteristics. He can be counted on to come through for us when we pray to Him for help, so we should trust Him totally and completely. When we do, we'll be ready for anything that may come our way.
Prayer Starter: God, I don't want to live my life worrying. Instead, I decide today to get in the habit of praying to You at all times.
Scripture to go with it:
Philippians 4:4-9 NIV
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
And another one I am meditating on...
Colossians 4:2, 5-6 NIV
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment