- Vs 2 - God gives us Grace
- Vs 9 - God created all things
- Vs 10 - God gave wisdom through the church to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places
- Vs 14-15 - Every family in heaven and on earth derives it's name from God (Even the Lackey's!)
- Vs 16 - He grants us according to the riches of his Glory - to be strengthened with power through his spirit.
Ephesians 3:10 (New International Version)
10His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms,
My Matthew Henry Commentary says this: His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms. v 10. The manifold wisdom of God; that is things, or of the many ways he takes in ordering his church and especially in receiving the Gentiles into it. And this is according to his eternal purpose which is accomplished in Christ Jesus.
Vs 14 & 15 - Every families name is derived from God! (I believe that this is talking about those that have a relationship with Jesus Christ - and are called by his name.) Although - I do believe that God gives us our name - through our parents. All names have a spiritual connotation
Lori means Victorious One - I believe that God's desire is for me to be victorious - but Satan's plan is that I experience the opposite.
Finally - my favorite portion of Ephesians 3 is 17 - 20
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,
How incredible - God does give us His wisdom - and I have prayed for His wisdom all of my 19 years as a believer - HEY!!!! TODAY IS MY 19TH BIRTHDAY AS A CHRISTIAN!!! - But I so desire that I would be filled more so with his Love - God's love surpasses knowledge... Father - please fill me with your love - that it would pour out of me so that I can not hold it in. Jesus I desire your heart. Father, give me a love for those that I may deem un-loveable.
No comments:
Post a Comment