What is Inductive Study?
With this style of Bible study, you learn directly from the Bible using a series of thought- provoking guides. Kay Arthur is an incredible teacher and speaker. Her web page has free downloads for various books of the bible. Here is a link to her web page that answers the question - what is Inductive Study http://www.precept.org/site/PageServer?pagename=brd_whatisinductivestudy
I have completed the book of James - and found insight that literally opened the eyes of my heart.
James Chapter 3:13-18 spoke to me - regarding my position at work, and the politics that go with it.
Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
As I read this, I was convinced that there are many in leadership postitions, in schools, corporations, and the government, that do what they do, because of selfish ambition, and jealousy. I desire to be the kind of leader that does what I do, because of the Love that God has bestowed on me. It is my hope, that everything I do - whether at home or at work - has a positive eternal consequence.
My prayer has been, that I would be pure, peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering and without hypocrisy. I know that there are those out there that are on the other side - I desire to not look at the reason behind why they do what they do, but to continue to fight the good fight - in the Spirit of the Lord.
An interesting insight that I've received - For years, I would pray that I would have Wisdom from above. The book of James confirmed that this is to be our prayer. I'm now studying Ephesians - and the first day I read Ephesians 3:19 "and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God."
Father, fill me with your love, that it would pour out of me - so much that I can't hold it in. Use me Jesus. I desire your heart Father, to love even those that offend me. I have desired your wisdom, and you have granted it. Thank you Father
No comments:
Post a Comment