(As a side note - Pastor Mike at V1A can be heard on Kduvfm.com - Sunday mornings at 11:00, or as a podcast via the v1a.com web site.)
Today's sermon was on Vision for 09. Isaiah 6:1-8
1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:
"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory."
4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."
8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
As the sermon went on - God was really speaking to me. What is the call of God on MY life - what about the lives of my family? We are looking at a house - in Selma/Kingsburg - it's incredible! As I listened to both Mike - and the Spirit - I was convicted that Craig and I hadn't really talked to the Lord about the house. A few days ago, I saw it on ziprealty.com and we decided to go for a drive and check a few of them out. We went back to see this one and another the following day. This one house in particular - is everything we've wanted.... nice enough that I wont be afraid to move in to - and have people over - but old enough that we can do anything we want to it. It even has a barn for me - and a shop (well 2 shops) for Craig! AND - what they called a detached guest house - which could be - if it had floors and a wall
The question of the day - is what is our Vision - What is the vision that God has given us?
God has greatly blessed Craig and I. When we were dating - we both talked about Fostering kids.... For years - I've seen in my future, a group home - ran like one that attends the school I work at. Craig would like more children, but unless God does a miracle on both of us - that isn't going to happen.... As we left church - I asked him if he had a vision - and if so, what was it. His vision is to reach others. Kind of how my friend Linda put it in her blog -
Galatians 2:20 (New International Version)
20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Craig said that he wants to share the Love of God - with anyone and everyone the Lord leads him too.... then it was my turn (I thought I might not have to share my vision, but...) I pray that my vision is the Lords..... I shared with him how we are so incredibly blessed - by my job - that may or may not be secure, but I am secure in God's hands - and that a year ago, I asked him if we could wait until we've been married for a year before considering fostering - but if we move - what an incredible opportunity that would be to begin fostering kids. (Not necessarily to the house we both love either - we are good with moving to another place - in the country - and fostering there- although my kids have moved out - we don't want to displace them by putting foster kids in their rooms - and we would like a place that all of our kids are comfortable coming too - with a place of their own (and this property we looked at - has a building that can definately be a guest house ) I told my wonderful husband...my confession about the house - we prayed about it.... and then both got excited with sharing the vision - (as I said with this house - or with another - wherever God leads) I'm excited to get started - in God's timing.
No comments:
Post a Comment