Saturday, July 25, 2009

Don't Get in a Hurry - Tools @ PurposeDriven.com

Don't Get in a Hurry - Tools @ PurposeDriven.com

I need to remember to not always get in such a hurry. I wonder at times, why am I not ----- why do I still do ---- ? God is faithful. I do see him working in my life but at times it seems painfully slow...

I first started praying for a quiet and gentle spirit when I was a new believer. I remember being at Hume Lake in the early 90's and telling Terri Frigulti that when I grew up I wanted to be just like her. I remember her telling me that I should want to be like Jesus. She was right (even though it hurt my feelings)... I do want to be like Jesus, but I so get in the way at times. November 2008, I resigned from my position of working in the sound booth at GCC. In a letter responding to my resignation, Pastor Brian thanked me for my quiet and gentle spirit. 17 - 18 years later. It's really taken a long time.

What makes it hard, is you can't always know how you are perceived. So for years, I perceived myself as a "cut up" always making jokes, and no quiet spirit at all. Sometimes you have to hear it from your peers. Father, help me to share the positive character traits in my friends. Lord, I know that I'll need to do this at work - and it's a good thing. Build others up. Forgive me for not taking the time to do that now. I desire to have an encouraging heart. Instead I look at things through my own eyes. Forgive me..... Show me things you love about your people. Father, forgive me for always looking at the negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment