1 Peter 3:1-6 NIV
Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
Dearest self ,
Today is a beautiful day. You are dressed in white, it is your day to shine. You are about to take off on a journey that is going to be incredible! If you plan on coming out on the other end, then you need to stay focused on me. Youre identity is not in being Craig Lackeys wife. I know most of your identity is in being a mom....but that isnt WHO you are either. Your children will dissapoint you. Give them to me and remember that I love them more than you do. You love your job, but it is not who you are either. You have big dreams. Dreams that I put on your heart! Dreams that I am currently in the process of making come true. Trust me. Abide in me...in all things.
Craig is a man after my own heart, nut like King David, he is just a man. Forgive him as I have forgiven you. I know you think that your past is what has defind who you are and how you respond to emotional issues, but everything you have gone through and will go through has been filtered through my hands first. NOTHING is wasted ehen you submit first to me and then to your husband. Its ok if he doesnt always think you are submissive. I know your hard stubborn heart. He does not get to judge you. I am not going to judge you, because my blood has washed you clean. Continue in me. I am changing you day by day. I have heard your prayers to have a quiet and gentle spirit.
When craig dissapoints you, forgive him, knowing he has baggage too. Seek first to understand his needs..... but dont feel you have to talk about everything.... love him even when you dont like him. He also has secrets that will hurt you when you find out. But this too is something to help you grow. Be kind always.... but you dont have to be a door mat. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. If you say you are going to do something then try to do itm. Understand your husband has great intentions, but the way he is created is not the way you are and he will frustraye you. Love him anyway. Gix what you can so he doesnt have to worry about things. You are smart and independent use that to be a helpmate to your husband not as a weapon.
In all things, love him. The greatest of these is love. Love is an action word......love by your actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment