Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Where your treasure is

Hebrews 13:4-5 NIV

Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

I never realized that the first part of this section is about husband and wives.

1. I don't generally find myself envious.  I would like a pretty house (or maybe just a functional house) where I can invite people over.  I love the property but not having real running water...Real septic and a decent kitchen can be frustrating.  Craig talks about how he always took care of the fresno house...but he doesn't do anything here.  I don't fully trust him to finish projects.  I do believe that when I share my frustration he feels I am not being respectful but when I ask how I can do that respectfully he won't answer.   Father forgive me for being disrespectful in how I share.  Help us...show us...lead us by your spirit to communicate.

2. I don't put pressure on him. He puts enough on himself.  He is currently trying to get a job in peteluma. 

3.  I agree.  Lord use us and this property to your glory

4 I do trust God. Sometimes I get impatient, but mainly it's a communication issue with craig and I. 

5. The property really isn't ours.  It is Gods! God can use it and our time here to bless Tony and Lisa...Instead of just taking advantage of us.

Lord, although I am not perfect or even close, I am more content with money.  How do I help my husband?   (YOU dont...be still, love him and let God work on his heart) 

No comments:

Post a Comment