Luke 6:37 NIV
“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
1. I think craig confides in me often. He is so unlike most men, in that he has a lot of words.
2. He doesn't really tell me about situations he needs help on. He reports on incidents. I mostly listen.
3. I don't think I give a lot of advise. Occassionally a word of caution about something he may say about kids.
4. I dont use accusatory words.
5. I think my husband would want me 5 talk and interact more.
He thinks I withdraw because I am over stressed at work, but it's really more that I feel he is critical of me. He tells me often what I should and shouldn't do.
Do I yearn for emotional intimacy or do I push him away because I am afraid? I already feel unworthy and not enough. If he is closer to me..will he judge all of my flaws? Has he already?
Many times people just want to be heard, not fixed or offered advise. We think we are helping but what we are communicating is an attitude of superiority over the other person....
Resist the temptation to offer advise. Evaluate the situation, asking if he or she wants to talk.
Ask your husband if he considers you a safe person to talk to about hos challenges. If he indicates you could be better ask him how you can improve.
No comments:
Post a Comment